top of page


Support with person-centered planning, budget negotiations, spending plan creation, IPP development, FMS and more.

Start to finish support as you transition to the SDP!

Guidelight Group is here to help guide you through each step of the process to transition into the Self-Determination Program (SDP).


This process begins with person-centered planning. Through person-centered planning, your independent facilitator will help you and your circle of support create a vision of your ideal future and work together to develop a plan that outlines the steps and supports needed to make it all happen. 


Once you've developed your person-centered plan (PCP), your facilitator from Guidelight Group will help you present your plan to your regional center and negotiate your individual budget.


When the budget is agreed upon and certified, we will help you select an FMS and develop your spending plan. Finally, we help make sure everything is set up and ready to go on your first day in the Self-Determination Program. 

This service is funded through your regional center. We have helped dozens of Self-Determination Program participants with these steps. We are experts in this process and are here to help you and advocate for you along the way!

Join Our Waiting List!

We will be accepting new Self-Determination clients in summer 2021. Please follow the link below to complete a short form to be added to our waiting list. We will reach out to you as openings become available. We look forward to working with you!

Notice of Appeals Procedure

Person-Centered Planning for the Self-Determination Program is funded by the Department of Developmental Services through its regional centers across the state. At this time, funding for these services is only available to those individuals selected by lottery for the three-year phase-in period. 

For all regional center-funded services, you have the right to the appeals procedure. If you believe your rights have been violated in any way, please contact the Department of Developmental Services at or (916) 654-1987.

bottom of page